Replacement cards are printed once a week on a Thursday. Students will be notified via a text or email from the Infozone when your card is ready for collection. Staff will receive an email from either IT or Reception when your card is ready.

Lost Cards:

  • If you have lost your University of Suffolk ID Card, there is a £5 charge to replace it. Therefore, we advise you to have a good search for it and wait a couple of days as it can be returned to Security/Infozone/Library Teams.
  • If you still can't find it a new card can be requested. All lost cards must be paid for via the online shop (this method generates an automatic request for a new card).
  • Your request will be processed and available to pick up in the Infozone. You should receive a text when this is ready for collection.

Stolen Cards:

  • If your card has been stolen you need to report the theft immediately. You can contact the IT Service Desk during office hours: 08:45 - 17:15 Monday to Thursday 08:45 - 16:45 Friday on 01473 338222 and we can disable your card. Out of hours, please contact the University's Security Team on 01473 338999 (24 Hours) who can also offer assistance
  • We then advise you contact the Police to report the theft on 101, at the nearest Police station or online via (Please visit your area's Police website if the card was stolen in a different county)
  • If you provide us with a Crime Reference Number we will happily replace the card for free. A £5 charge may occur if we don't receive a Crime Reference Number

Wear & Tear:

  • If your card has stopped being read by the card readers or the cardless attendance readers it will need to be brought to the IT Service Desk for a health check.
  • If the card is not functioning we will re-print a new one at no cost
  • This is also true if your barcode or details on the front of the card have worn away

Change of Name/User Details:

Our Access Control System, Gallagher receives all of its data via the Student Information System and the Staff Information Systems. Therefore, all data changes are automated and we are unable to make manual adjustments.

For Student Changes:

  • You will need to bring original evidence of your changed details (e.g. a marriage certificate) to the Infozone, Ipswich Campus and fill in a change of details form.
  • This can then be processed by the Data Changes team which will subsequently prompt a new ID Card to be produced
  • There is no charge for this service

For Staff Changes:

  • Any change of details for users with C/E/T/V numbers must be given to the Human Resources team who can then update their system. Users with P numbers must report changes to the Partnerships team.
  • Once their systems have been updated, an ID Card will be requested to print with the new details
  • There is no charge for this service
Page last modified: 02 Dec 2018
Page created: 03 Apr 2017
Contact Us