The University of Suffolk's subscription to Office 365 allows members of staff and current students to use Microsoft's suite of applications for free. This includes the latest version of Office, cloud storage through One Drive, and online apps for Desktop and Mobile.
If you're looking for information about the features of Office 365, or need some guidance to complete a task using Office, we recommend starting with the Office 365 Training Centre. You can find more information about this on our Online Training page.
This page provides some general guidance for Office 365. Click the questions below to find out more.
How do I get Office?
Current members of staff and registered students at the University of Suffolk can install Microsoft Office for free. You can install up to five copies of Office on each device type, which includes:
- Windows PCs / Laptops
- Apple Macs / MacBooks
- Android and iOS tablets/smartphones
The simplified steps to download and install Office on PC and Mac are:
1. Visit https://portal.office.com and log in using your University of Suffolk credentials. You’ll need to add @uos.ac.uk after your staff or student number in the username field (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Your password is the same one you use for MySuffolk.
2. Click Install Office and select Office 365 apps.
3. Follow the on-screen guidance to complete the installation.
4. Once installed, sign in to Office using your University of Suffolk username and password (remember to add @uos.ac.uk to your staff or student number).
For full install guides and information about downloading Office on tablet and mobile, click here.
How do I access Office Apps online?
To access Office 365, enter outlook.com/uos.ac.uk in your web browser or click below. You'll need to log in using your student or staff number followed by @uos.ac.uk (e.g. email@example.com) and your password.
Once logged in, click on the Office 365 app launcher in the top left corner.
Click on the app you want to use, or choose All apps to view the features available to you.
How long can I use Office for free?
As your Office 365 subscription is linked to your University of Suffolk account, this will expire when you leave the University.
After this, any installed Office applications will revert to read-only, so you won't be able to create or edit documents unless you have a personal subscription.