The guides on this page will show you how to add your University of Suffolk email account to your iOS device. You can add your email account by using Microsoft's Outlook app, or by using Apple's Mail app. Please click on the below guides for more information.
Please note that Microsoft sometimes changes the look of the Outlook app, and Apple updates to iOS may change the steps required, however the information you need to set up your account will be the same.
If you have any problems adding your email account using these guides, please contact the IT Service Desk for assistance. We can improve these guides using your feedback, so if we get anything wrong, let us know!
This guide will show you how to add your University of Suffolk email account using Microsoft’s Outlook app. To follow the guide, please first download the Outlook app through the App Store.
1. Open the Outlook app and press Get Started.
2. Enter your University email address. This will be your staff number followed by @uos.ac.uk (for example, email@example.com). Press Continue.
3. You will be re-directed to a University of Suffolk login. Enter your password. This is the same password you use for other University systems such as MySuffolk. Press Sign in.
4. You’ll receive confirmation that the account has been added, and asked if you want to add another account. Choose Skip.
5. Scroll through the features of the app, or press Skip.
6. You’re all done. Please note, depending on your network connection it may take a few moments for your emails and calendar items to appear.
This guide will show you how to add your University of Suffolk email account using the iOS Mail app.
1. Open Settings and select Passwords & Accounts.
2. Select Add Account.
3. From the list of accounts, select Exchange.
4. In the Email field, enter your University of Suffolk staff number followed by @uos.ac.uk (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). Add a Description for the account if you wish. Press Next.
5. You will be asked if you want to sign in using Microsoft. Press Sign In.
6. You’ll need to enter your University of Suffolk username and password. Remember, for Office 365 you’ll need to add @uos.ac.uk after your staff number (for example, email@example.com). Your password is the same one you use for other University systems like MySuffolk. Click Sign In.
7. Select which features you would like to sync from Office 365 to the Mail app. Click Save.
That's it! It may take a few moments for your emails and calendar items to start syncing.